Whether you do your marketing in house or outsource it, the first thing that must be done is set your KPIs / goals. For example, if you are spending money on Google Ads you want to make sure you are doing the following.
- Setup a Google Analytics account
- Link your Google Ads account to your Google Analytics account
- Set your goals in Google Analytics
- Make sure to exclude the IP addresses for your business so your data is more reflective of potential business and not employees activity on your site
- Trust but verify – Receive weekly reports from the marketing team showing trending data and the current data in relation to your KPIs / goals
- Setup the dashboard in Google Analytics to provide the data you are most interested. Google makes this very easy.
This is just one example of tracking your marketing. Activity on your site regarding what pages are being viewed, how long they stay on your site and what pages they seem to be most interested in can be very helpful information when making decisions on the direction of the company and marketing efforts.
I hope this helps. As always, please reach out if you want better insight into your business and are looking for a team to support your needs and work hard to help your business grow.