Web surfers tend to trust sites that rank well for the keywords they’ve entered, and are influenced by the order in which the results are presented. The updates that encourage high-quality, up-to-date content further instill this mindset, assuring web surfers that the sites that show up first won’t contain spam, will contain relevant content and have good website design, among other positive attributes.
Keeping your site’s content fresh and up-to-date can be accomplished with some simple tactics. Here are a few ideas –
1. Share your industry expertise. Update site content with interesting and unique information related to your industry.
2. Communicate company news and successes. This can include new product releases, awards won, seminars attended, etc.
3. Use your site as a bulletin board for upcoming events. If your company has a public event coming up, your website is a great place to post an invitation. Spread the word by sharing the invitation to your social networks.
4. Invite a guest writer or interview a professional in your industry. If you’re in need of a new perspective, contact an industry expert or partner to request an interview or guest post.
5. Share an interesting or funny story about your company. Connect with your audience on a personal level by sharing an interesting story about your company. A funny or interesting story, even if it's not directly related to your industry, is refreshing every once in a while.